Capital South Regional Conference Fellowship
Position Title: Capital South Regional Conference Fellowship
Reports to: Assistant Regional Director, Capital South
Location: Washington, DC
Fellowship duration: September - October, 2019 (Possibility for longer)
J Street is seeking to employ an efficient, effective and dedicated Fellow in our Washington, DC office in September and October, leading up to our 2019 National Conference. (The Fellow can be an undergraduate student, graduate student, or a recent graduate.) This fellowship is an excellent opportunity to better understand and get involved in J Street’s work.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn development skills and political organizing as well as to deepen one’s knowledge of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This position is ideal for applicants interested in community organizing, non-profit development, or political advocacy.
• Updating and managing our supporter databases and lists of conference attendees
• Assisting with outreach to potential conference attendees
• Making phone calls to register people for the conference
• Researching potential new supporters
• Other tasks as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel; experience with database
management a plus
• Quick and efficient. Must have excellent people skills.
Compensation and Time Commitment
This is a paid fellowship. Please indicate in your cover letter what days and hours you are available (if not full-time.)