Digital Assistant or Associate
Reports to: Digital Director
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Washington, DC
J Street is looking to immediately hire a digital assistant or associate (depending on experience) who will help us take our email program to the next level. The chosen candidate will be an online voice for a major advocacy organization working on some of the most important — and contentious — foreign policy debates of our time. They’ll work with our integrated communications and digital teams in a fast-paced political environment.
The ideal candidate will be creative, a strong writer, and have a knowledge background in J Street’s issue area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, implement and send emails to recruit for J Street events across the country, working closely with regional staff on messaging and strategy
- Create web pages and sign-up forms for local events and national campaigns
- Help regional team and lay leaders market their events on social media, including through paid digital ads
- Respond to email inquiries from members and the public
- Help craft content for our blog and social media channels to advance our message and facilitate list building
More about J Street
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans working for the future of Israel as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people. The organization believes that preserving Israel’s Jewish and democratic character depends on achieving a two-state solution, resulting in a Palestinian state living alongside Israel in peace and security.
Launched in 2008 with four staff and a limited budget, J Street is now a $10 million organization with a national staff of more than 60. The organization is headquartered in Washington, DC, employing staff in 6 cities including Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, and Tel Aviv.
J Street focuses its work in three main areas: (1) Advocating and demonstrating support for pro-Israel, pro-peace policies in Congress, the media and the Jewish community; (2) Endorsing and raising money for federal candidates who share J Street’s agenda; and (3) Educating the public and raising awareness of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the two-state solution.
- Exceptional writing ability
- Familiarity with J Street’s issues, particularly the US-Israel relationship and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative to set and meet professional goals
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively across organizations
- Calmness under pressure (it’s a fun job, but in can be fast-paced)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Some proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Basic HTML/CSS
Compensation and Hours
Salary for this full-time position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Hours and duties may fluctuate based on J Street event and staff travel schedules. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, paid time off on federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, 401k and flexible spending account.