Regional Assistant or Associate for Leadership Engagement
Position Title: Regional Assistant/Associate for Leadership Engagement (RALE)
Reports to: National Director of Regional Operations & Strategy (NDROS)
Start Date: Immediately
Location: New York City preferred but DC, Boston, and Chicago are all possible. Remote work is also possible (within same time zone).
Are you interested in joining an expanding organization that is changing the way people think and talk about Israel and U.S. Middle East policy? Are you someone who excels at interpersonal relationships, has an eye for details and an aptitude for problem solving?
J Street seeks a new professional or recent graduate to serve as the Regional Team Assistant/Associate for Leadership Engagement (RALE) based out of its New York City office (preferable). The RALE position is part of the Regional Team, the largest team at J Street working to accomplish our ambitious advocacy, political, communal and fundraising goals.
The position will report to the National Director of Regional Operations and Strategy (NDROS) and work closely with the Regional Operations Assistant (ROA) to ensure the highest quality of support is guaranteed for J Street’s volunteer leadership and donors.
The RALE job is an exciting blend of leadership engagement, communications, event planning, training and administration and includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Coordinating donor and volunteer leadership tracks and trainings at national events;
- Supporting national leadership bodies;
- Creating, updating and maintaining leadership communication materials both physical and e-materials including our online ‘leadership portal’;
- Moderating Leadership Listservs;
- Running quarterly leadership calls;
- Creating monthly trainings for staff development and facilitating mentorship program for junior team members;
- Planning annual team retreat;
- Being point person for participants on our missions to Israel and the Palestinian territory; and
- Assisting NDROS in formulating team meeting agendas and priorities.
More about J Street
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans working for the future of Israel as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people. The organization believes that preserving Israel’s Jewish and democratic character depends on achieving a two-state solution, resulting in a Palestinian state living alongside Israel in peace and security.
Launched in 2008 with four staff and a limited budget, J Street is now an over $9 million organization with a national staff of more than 60. The organization is headquartered in Washington, DC, employing staff in 6 cities including Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, and Tel Aviv.
J Street focuses its work in three main areas: (1) Advocating and demonstrating support for pro-Israel, pro-peace policies in Congress, the media and the Jewish community; (2) Endorsing and raising money for federal candidates who share J Street’s agenda; and (3) Educating the public and raising awareness of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the two-state solution.
Required Skills and Characteristics;
- A strong commitment to J Street’s pro-Israel/pro-peace mission;
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail;
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator with a customer-service orientation;
- Eager to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team-oriented and goal-driven environment;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet numerous deadlines;
- Comfort in working with high level VIPs;
- Professional and confident demeanor;
- Experience in event and meeting planning; and
- Initiative-taker in responding to anticipated needs of others.
Other Desirable Skills and Characteristics;
- Knowledge of Salesforce;
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel as well as G-Suite products (Google Docs/Sheets);
- Experience in creating and/or running trainings; and
- Policy fluency on our issue
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position will be commensurate with skills and experience. Duties may fluctuate based on J Street event and staff travel schedules. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, paid time off on federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, 401k and flexible spending account.